Sir Sayajirao General Hospital (S.S.G.H) Vadodara was started in 1865 as the 56 bedded Countess of Dufferin Hospital. This was then taken over by the Government of Gujarat in 1907 and renamed the S.S.G Hospital after the erstwhile ruler of Vadodara, Maharaja Sayajirao II. S.S.G Hospital is designed in the Indo-Saracen style. It is the largest referral hospital in Central Gujarat.
It forms the teaching hospital component of Medical College Baroda. It also houses the Government College of Physiotherapy and Government Nursing College. It caters to the primary, secondary and tertiary health care needs of the people of central Gujarat and adjoining states of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. It also participates in various community outreach and national health programs.
It has 1250 teaching beds across several clinical specialties and subspecialties, with an annual average outdoor attendance of about 9 Lakh patients, an average annual indoor admission of 67,000 patients and a bed occupancy rate of 90%. It also offers select high-end surgeries such as Oncosurgeries, endo-urologic surgeries, laparoscopic surgery and plastic surgery. S.S.G Hospital offers a 24-hour emergency service and receives around 290 emergencies each day. Its various laboratories run approximately 2000 tests daily and the department of Radio diagnosis has a daily load of 600 radiological tests per day. The Medical Nursing Home on the campus is a 22 bedded facility for patients requesting private rooms.
Funded by the Department of Health and Family Welfare Government of Gujarat, it renders yeomen service - practically free of cost - to the underprivileged sections of the society and the common man. The Rogi Kalyan Samiti of the Hospital which generates funds from various sources funds the management of people below poverty line and tribal patients free of cost.
NAN based on 0 reviews
copyrights © 2019-2020 Webmunk Technology All rights reserved